The Tips You Need to Know Before Applying for the QLD Digital Grant!
Did you know that Queensland Small Businesses can apply for the Small Business Digital Grants Program? This Digital Grant Program offers matched funding of up to $10,000 from the Queensland Government to help assist eligible Small Businesses access much needed digital technologies.
Applications for this grant are now open and closes at 5pm on 11 April 2018.
TIP #1 You must be eligible to be be a successful applicant for the small business grant.
To be eligible the business must:
- Have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying grant
- Have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST
- Have Queensland headquarters
- Have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- Not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
TIP #2 Devise a Digital Marketing Plan!
Ensure that your Business has a plan to use the grant for an acceptable reason. There are four key areas that the small business digital grant should be used for.
- Content Development: content development includes web pages, mobile applications, visual and audio media.
- Traditional e-commerce websites: receiving online payments or selling online such as online stores.
- Specialised Digital Technology or software.
- Digital Planning: marketing strategy development and training
These areas are specifically chosen to help create opportunities for small businesses to increase competitiveness and productivity by creating access to the latest digital technologies. This can be used for multiple purposes if eligible including expanding market reach, becoming more innovative, and training on new technologies that can benefit small businesses. Purchases of hardware, software and services such as digital coaching are a great way to use the Small Business Digital Grant if eligible. The Small Business Digital Grant ultimately allows Small Businesses grow and potentially advance to a medium sized business1.
TIP #3 Know what NOT to use the Small Business Digital Grant for.
Knowing what won’t be funded is a great way to start to plan how you would like to use the grant appropriately.
The Small Business Digital Grant will not be given if :
- fees for services provided by related parties;
- franchise fees or related costs;
- maintenance of existing digital technologies;
- non-project related assets (stock);
- general business operating costs (bookkeeping etc.);
- payments for expenses already incurred for work already undertaken;
- subscriptions and
- all work must be completed within three months of date of approval.
TIP #4 Finish with Project Reports
Provide a Project Report on completion of the project detailing how the funds once received were spent and the impact it has had on the business. This can give you insights on how successfully the business has changed with the opportunity the Small Business Digital Grant can give.
At Desketing, we are a team of Design and Marketing specialist experienced with the Small Business Digital Grants application and can give businesses sound advice during and after the application process. Our team is successful in helping businesses drive growth and engage with the global community.
Desketing can offer multiple services that can help your small business benefit from the Small Business Digital Grant including digital marketing plans, digital marketing training, online advertising and website design and development. Our services provided can help your business use technology more effectively, allow the business to work smarter whilst simultaneously expanding online presence.
Desketing can offer invaluable insight on how to successfully complete the application and effectively use this digital grant. For a consultation with our design and marketing experts contact us on 07 32203962 or click here.