About the business and the role
Desketing is a design and marketing agency located in Queen Street, Brisbane. Our location is premium and so is our services to our clients.
We are looking for a Digital Graphic Designer to work with both our internal marketing team and our clients (mainly in the retail, hospitality and property industries). You will be working within a small team and growing with the business. The position has the potential to develop into a Creative Director (Design) or an Accounts Manager (Sales) or Marketing Manager (Marketing).
Desketing was a finalist in 2016 Brisbane Lord Mayor’s Business of the Year Award and was also nominated for many other business awards.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Creation and maintenance of websites using WordPress, Shopify and similar platforms.
- eDM design and development using HTML or other platforms such as MailChimp.
- Design and provide print solutions for brand guidelines, flyers, posters, brochures, signage and packaging.
- Translate requirements into wireframes and mock-ups.
- Provided user-centred design expertise from concept to delivery.
- Ensure graphic solutions are optimised for integration, performance, usability and sustainability.
- Proactively working with our clients on regular promotional activities, helping to drive the promotion process and produce quality work within defined timelines.
- Design social media content and campaign feeds.
- Attend marketing meetings and assist in the creation of promotional schedules.
- Manage eDM, CRM and POS system for client.
- Prepare monthly marketing and performance reports.
- Liaise with external clients to anticipate and respond to their needs as required.
- Build new business developments and maintain client relationship.
- Attend network events as required.
Skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience design front end user interface website solutions using Adobe Creative Cloud (including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
- Must have knowledge of HTML, CSS and WordPress and have hands-on experience of content management systems.
- Must be able to collect and understand the design requirements, explain and negotiate feedback on wireframes and mock-ups.
- Expert in user-centred design process, specifically related to accessibility and web standards.
- Experienced in project and change management process.
- Experience in mobile projects with understanding of mobile design elements.
- Good understanding of SEO and SEM best practices.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Experience in using social media solutions.
- Experience using database marketing software such as, Mail Chimp, Burst SMS.
- Excellent communication skill, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior standard of interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Great communication skills as you will be dealing directly with our clients.
- Flexible and willing to assist others.
- Ability to work effectively, prioritise and work under pressure without supervision.
- Ability to show initiative and offer suggestions and alternatives.
- Ability to problem solve
- Desire to provide friendly service
- Personal effectiveness
- Responsible and reliable
- Professional presentation and attire
- Effective time management and consistent high quality service delivery in a busy and complex environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and co-ordinate your workload and meet competing deadlines.
- High level of organisational skills
Job benefits and perks
- Queen Street (Brisbane CBD) location close to mall and public transports.
- Great team environment, with future training and job development in progress.
- Latest Mac hardware with Google G Suite cloud platform.
- Entry into Charity fun runs such as Bridge to Brisbane and Gold Coast Marathon